On 21 November 2019, EMEA Conferences oganizes the event E-evidence (Digital evidence). The event takes place at Hilton Garden Inn Bucharest Old Town, from 15:00 to 19:30, when a wine tasting follows.
The event will clarify (among other) the following issues:
- Under which conditions the information posted on social media be used as evidence?
- What are the main aspects that a judge takes into account when assessing if the respective e-evidence piece is valid in court?
- How to prosecutors appraise e-evidence?
- What is the impact upon access to data and privacy of data of the new EU e-evidence package?
- How does the US Cloud Act intersect with the new EU e-evidence package?
- How must a Romanian based company react to a request of access to data from a foreign entity under US Cloud Act and the new EU e-evidence package?
The speakers are: Arina Corsei Vultureanu, Romanian Prosecutor, Raluca Galea, Judge Bucharest Tribunal, Prof. Ioan-Cosmin Mihai, Vice President of the Romanian Association for Information Security Assurance (RAISA) and Richard Jansen, Associate Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP. The moderator of the event is Bogdan Manolea, Executive Director of the Association for Internet and Technology.
The event is interactive and case-based. The presentations are provided to attendees by e-mail after the event. The language of the event is English.
Registration is open at: https://emeaconferences.com/e-evidence/.
Participation fees: 770 RON/person for 1 participant from one entity or 700 RON/person for 2 or more participants from the same entity.
15:00 - 15:30 - Registration and welcome coffee
15:30 - 16:15 - Employment of digital evidence by the prosecutors (now and in the future) – Arina Corsei Vultureanu, Romanian Prosecutor
16:15 - 17:00 - Digital evidence in Romanian courts – Raluca Galea, Judge Bucharest Tribunal
17:00 - 17:30 - Coffee break
17:30 - 18:15 - Using information posted on social media as evidence – Prof. Ioan-Cosmin Mihai, Vice President of the Romanian Association for Information Security Assurance (RAISA)
18:15 - 19:00 – E-evidence in the new EU e-evidence package. How does it work in the context of the recently adopted US Cloud Act? – Richard Jansen, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP
19:00 – 19:30 – Final round of Q & A
19:30 – Wine tasting